The Chaos Engine  

Go Back   The Chaos Engine > The Chaos Engine Forums > Announcements
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23-10-2003, 06:30 AM   #106
iguana
Game Design Facilitator
One Of Us

iguana is on a distinguished road
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about a topic entitled "...and now for something completely different " - where game professionals can recommend / comment on / request, sources for media outside of Games? Books, Film, Art, Software, etc...

I've often found that the best of the above comes from recommendations by others with similar interests.

As well, I'm a firm believer that the more knowledge outside of games that we can bring back into the fold, the richer the industry will be... think of it as strengthening the gene pool.

...and 98 cents is your change !
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 06:30 AM   #107
iguana
Game Design Facilitator
One Of Us

iguana is on a distinguished road

How about a topic entitled "...and now for something completely different " - where game professionals can recommend / comment on / request, sources for media outside of Games? Books, Film, Art, Software, etc...

I've often found that the best of the above comes from recommendations by others with similar interests.

As well, I'm a firm believer that the more knowledge outside of games that we can bring back into the fold, the richer the industry will be... think of it as strengthening the gene pool.

...and 98 cents is your change !
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 02:27 AM   #108
meatFreedom
Industry Professional
One Of Us

meatFreedom is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a tasty treat, Master Mazursky.
meatFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 02:27 AM   #109
meatFreedom
Industry Professional
One Of Us

Sounds like a tasty treat, Master Mazursky.
Old 26-10-2003, 04:15 AM   #110
TheChaosEngine
Administrator
Administrator

TheChaosEngine will become famous soon enoughTheChaosEngine will become famous soon enoughTheChaosEngine will become famous soon enoughTheChaosEngine will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Ok, "Irrelivant Corner" added, for humor or non-industry topics... anything goes.

Still waiting to hear from those artists and designers out there. If you want a "Professional Art" or "Professional Design" forum please let me know. I added "Professional Programing" and I'm comfortable moderating that being a programmer, but if you want an art and / or design equivalent I need someone to volunteer as moderators for those too. PM me...

Milkcarton: If a "Professional Art" forum is warrented and you'd like to moderate that as well as the public one, please PM me.

Any other suggestions welcome...
TheChaosEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 04:15 AM   #111
TheChaosEngine
Administrator
Administrator

TheChaosEngine will become famous soon enoughTheChaosEngine will become famous soon enoughTheChaosEngine will become famous soon enoughTheChaosEngine will become famous soon enough
Ok, "Irrelivant Corner" added, for humor or non-industry topics... anything goes.

Still waiting to hear from those artists and designers out there. If you want a "Professional Art" or "Professional Design" forum please let me know. I added "Professional Programing" and I'm comfortable moderating that being a programmer, but if you want an art and / or design equivalent I need someone to volunteer as moderators for those too. PM me...

Milkcarton: If a "Professional Art" forum is warrented and you'd like to moderate that as well as the public one, please PM me.

Any other suggestions welcome...
Old 26-10-2003, 05:20 AM   #112
Armitage Shanks
Largo al factotum
One Of Us

Armitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond repute
Thanked 3,096 Times in 866 Posts
Groans: 94
Groaned at 77 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaosEngine
Still waiting to hear from those artists and designers out there. If you want a "Professional Art" or "Professional Design" forum please let me know. I added "Professional Programing"
I, for one, don't think it's neccesary to have a "professional art" forum. I am quite happy to work with the "industry-outsiders" on this as they can teach me as much as I could them. And so far the forum seems to pretty much troll-free, so hurray for that and what not.

Besides, I have the vaguest suspicion, after browsing your "professional programmer" forum that it's just an excuse for programmers to throw weird coding language at each other a bit. I don't understand a word of it.

NOTE: I was told to fuck off when trying to browse the "irrelevant" section. I guess I'm not irrelevant enough, despite me trying so hard to be.
Armitage Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 05:20 AM   #113
Armitage Shanks
Largo al factotum
One Of Us

Armitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond reputeArmitage Shanks has a reputation beyond repute
Thanked 3,096 Times in 866 Posts
Groans: 94
Groaned at 77 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Still waiting to hear from those artists and designers out there. If you want a "Professional Art" or "Professional Design" forum please let me know. I added "Professional Programing"
I, for one, don't think it's neccesary to have a "professional art" forum. I am quite happy to work with the "industry-outsiders" on this as they can teach me as much as I could them. And so far the forum seems to pretty much troll-free, so hurray for that and what not.

Besides, I have the vaguest suspicion, after browsing your "professional programmer" forum that it's just an excuse for programmers to throw weird coding language at each other a bit. I don't understand a word of it.

NOTE: I was told to fuck off when trying to browse the "irrelevant" section. I guess I'm not irrelevant enough, despite me trying so hard to be.
Armitage Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 04:33 PM   #114
TheChaosEngine
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks
Yeah sorry, my bad. Everyone should have access now
Old 26-10-2003, 04:33 PM   #115
TheChaosEngine
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks
Yeah sorry, my bad. Everyone should have access now
Old 06-11-2003, 11:46 PM   #116
Splitter
Troll
One Of Us

Splitter is on a distinguished road
I think this site needs more pop-ups. And lot's of 'em.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 11:46 PM   #117
Splitter
Troll
One Of Us

Splitter is on a distinguished road
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:36 AM   #118
TheChaosEngine
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter
I think you're a loony.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:36 AM   #119
TheChaosEngine
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
I think you're a loony.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:13 AM   #120
meatFreedom
Industry Professional
One Of Us

Quote:
Quote:
I think you're a loony.
Pop ups with big purple engorged and tingling things, radish.

My corn beckons me near to ask if I've any last little bits of corn bread. I reply that I am sorry, but that I ran out almost a full fortnight ago.

My corn asks and then screams at me to tell what I did with his family.

I am surprised at his behavior. I only stammer out a feeble response.

Then he is upon me. With razorsharp needle teeth, rending me in parts I never knew I had before. He's a naughty one. Always projecting his emotional problems onto the world at large.

Sometimes I spend the night with smashed potatoes instead.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: