The Chaos Engine  

Go Back   The Chaos Engine > The Chaos Engine Forums > Announcements
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
MickWest
Cowboy Programmer

MickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond repute
Thanked 4,587 Times in 1,523 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 25 Times in 21 Posts
iPhone groans

Any chance the "Thanks" and "Groan" Buttons could be separated somewhat? On mobile devices like the iPhone it's too easy to groan someone by accident, and that leads to unnecessary hurt feelings, questions, and retractions.

If the "Thanks" button were moved to the left of the "Quote" button, then everything would be groovy, if not UI grammatical.
MickWest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to MickWest For This Un-useful Post:
IFW (20-11-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
MegaGreenbean
Crap vegetable
One Of Us

MegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud ofMegaGreenbean has much to be proud of
Thanked 1,610 Times in 703 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Is there an iPhone skin?? Or you mean for the main skin?
MegaGreenbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to MegaGreenbean For This Un-useful Post:
IFW (20-11-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
MickWest
Cowboy Programmer

MickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond reputeMickWest has a reputation beyond repute
Thanked 4,587 Times in 1,523 Posts
Groans: 4
There's no iPhone skin that I know of. Looks the same on the iphone as it does on the desktop.

If there was an iPhone skin, it would be pointless unless it switched automatically.
MickWest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to MickWest For This Un-useful Post:
IFW (20-11-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
CaptainFuture
Man of Tomorrow
One Of Us

CaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished roadCaptainFuture is on a distinguished road
Thanked 1,792 Times in 730 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickWest View Post
If there was an iPhone skin, it would be pointless unless it switched automatically.
You can add some iphone-specifc settings to the style sheet:
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/iph...pment-12-tips/
CaptainFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to CaptainFuture For This Un-useful Post:
IFW (20-11-2009)
Old 20-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
IFW
Procastibator
One Of Us

IFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond reputeIFW has a reputation beyond repute
Thanked 13,044 Times in 5,334 Posts
Groans: 625
Groaned at 735 Times in 519 Posts
Damn iphone!

IFW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IFW For This Useful Post:
Barogio (21-11-2009), Mouseshadow (20-11-2009)
Old 20-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Mouseshadow
Mei and the Kittenbus.
One Of Us

Location: Exactly where I want to be. Give or take 6000 miles.
Mouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud ofMouseshadow has much to be proud of
Thanked 5,866 Times in 2,193 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 41 Times in 34 Posts
Yeah, damn thing.

[edit] Along the same lines, I have endless problems with my netbook keyboard.
when I mean to write "I respect and understand your opinion although it's different to mine"
it often comes out as the garbled response "Fuck you, you stupid cunt. You're a fucktard and you're wrong!"

Last edited by Mouseshadow : 20-11-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Mouseshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mouseshadow For This Useful Post:
Base13 (20-11-2009)
Old 20-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
Base13
Industry Unprofessional
One Of Us

Base13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enoughBase13 will become famous soon enough
Thanked 2,082 Times in 817 Posts
Groans: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseshadow View Post
Yeah, damn thing.[edit] Along the same lines, I have endless problems with my netbook keyboard.when I mean to write "I respect and understand your opinion although it's different to mine"it often comes out as the garbled response "Fuck you, you stupid cunt. You're a fucktard and you're wrong!"
So much more would make sense on TCE if that was true.

It would also make more sense if Quotes included the carriage returns.
Base13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: