The Chaos Engine  

Go Back   The Chaos Engine > The Games Industry > HOW TO JOIN
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Bitkari
Literate Troll
One Of Us

Bitkari is on a distinguished road
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Getting in: Worth pestering co-workers?

Hi,

I'm another stuck in the approvals queue, and in an effort to skip it, I'm wondering if it's worth me asking work friends (there's half a dozen or so guys here who are on TCE iirc) to vouch for me, or is it just the sheer volume of people registering that makes it all take so long?

ta.
Bitkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
frobisher
Industry Vetran
One Of Us

frobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished roadfrobisher is on a distinguished road
Thanked 1,640 Times in 811 Posts
Groans: 96
Groaned at 49 Times in 42 Posts
Absolutely
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Get your mates to vouch for you in PMs to one or more of the mods and you should trip across the line that much quicker.

Paddy Sinclair - MD Proper Games Ltd
frobisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
parm
Just barely adequate
One Of Us

parm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud ofparm has much to be proud of
Thanked 4,639 Times in 1,653 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
It's even quicker if one of the mods thinks you've got some personal dirt on him.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
inpHilltr8r
Administrator
One Of Us
Administrator

inpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond repute
Thanked 4,868 Times in 2,080 Posts
Groans: 9
Groaned at 46 Times in 37 Posts
The situation with the email admissions queue is, umm, ongoing. Currently the fastest, most reliable, way in, is to get an existing member to vouch for you.
inpHilltr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
dunk
Gaming God
One Of Us

dunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura aboutdunk has a spectacular aura about
Thanked 2,298 Times in 633 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 35 Times in 19 Posts
s'alright - I'll vouch for muggins up there
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

email sent.
dunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
Bitkari
Literate Troll
One Of Us

Bitkari is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cheers Dunk!
Bitkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
chriso
Troll
One Of Us

chriso is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess I'll have to get some folks I know to vouch me me then. Thanks for the tip, I'm off to get some knee pads.
chriso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
inpHilltr8r
Administrator
One Of Us
Administrator

inpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond reputeinpHilltr8r has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
s'alright - I'll vouch for muggins up there
email sent.
PM please, the email queue is part of the problem.
Old 31-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #9
chriso
Troll
One Of Us

chriso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
PM please, the email queue is part of the problem.
I had someone PM an administrator for me, but am happy for any other pointers on what to do (other than those listed, which I did). In anycase, I will continue to lurk on the fringes until I can start getting into the meat and potatoes of conversations.
chriso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #10
inpHilltr8r
Administrator
One Of Us
Administrator

It may be the 'an administrator' bit. Right now, they should PM me.
Old 20-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #11
bmannparkour
Lurker
One Of Us

bmannparkour is on a distinguished road
I here there is punch and pie on the inside... is this true?
bmannparkour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
MrCranky
Bitter and Twisted
One Of Us

MrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to beholdMrCranky is a splendid one to behold
Thanked 6,051 Times in 2,076 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not quite. There's discussions that get so angry that they would lead to punching, while the rest of us sit around listening to it and eating pie...
Old 24-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #13
Sulphide
Lurker
One Of Us

Sulphide is on a distinguished road
When I was 'approved' it came pretty quickly(maybe 2 days max) because I was referred by a member.
Sadly, it seems I cannot view the meat of the forums here because me lurker post count is so low. le cry
Sulphide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 02:21 AM   #14
urgaffel
Industry Vetran
One Of Us

urgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished roadurgaffel is on a distinguished road
Thanked 2,347 Times in 954 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Post count has nothing to do with how much of the forums you can see. Either you're in or you're not

*edit*

Your status says "Not From Round Here" so you haven't been approved yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
urgaffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 03:25 AM   #15
Sulphide
Lurker
One Of Us

Sulphide is on a distinguished road
Weird, last year I was able to access all the forums during the Tim Langdell fiasco but it seems I am not able to now.
Sulphide is offline   Reply With Quote