The Chaos Engine  

Go Back   The Chaos Engine > The Chaos Engine Forums > Announcements
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
PuffyMammaries
Troll
One Of Us

PuffyMammaries is on a distinguished road
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tapatalk support?

Can we get it soon? Please! Thanks!
PuffyMammaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Prof. Shminky
Truth Wrangler
Administrator

Prof. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond reputeProf. Shminky has a reputation beyond repute
Thanked 5,727 Times in 1,788 Posts
Groans: 39
Groaned at 97 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyMammaries View Post
Can we get it soon? Please! Thanks!
You'll have to give us more to go on than that...

Edit... Ok, I had a quick look and I'm not sure I get it. Can you explain the benefits?
Old 17-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Supergrass
I can change my title?!
One Of Us

Supergrass is on a distinguished roadSupergrass is on a distinguished roadSupergrass is on a distinguished roadSupergrass is on a distinguished road
Groans: 5
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Shminky View Post
You'll have to give us more to go on than that...

Edit... Ok, I had a quick look and I'm not sure I get it. Can you explain the benefits?
It makes browsing on mobile platforms much more pleasant, basically. The UI is more suited to mobile users than going through the standard web interface.
Supergrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
benjymous
grapefruit
One Of Us

benjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished road
Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,262 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Tapatalk does seem to still support vBulletin v3.6, so it should be possible to activate support (Someone with the necessary admin rights just needs to go here to get the plugin, which also gives instructions on how to install it - download and unzip plugin into root of vb install, paste a line into the template, activate forum on their site)

The biggest benefit is that you get a nice mobile friendly UI (no more accidental touchscreen fat finger groans!), and the client can handle multiple forums, so you can have all your forums in one place.

Also, if you're using Android, you can get app for free from the GetJar market (it's 1.99 / $2.99 in the Android market)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by benjymous : 17-01-2012 at 08:48 AM.
benjymous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
bleagh
Industry Professional
One Of Us

bleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished road
Thanked 1,042 Times in 337 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Yes please mods. Let's do this thing!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
benjymous
grapefruit
One Of Us

benjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished roadbenjymous is on a distinguished road
I've been pestering Photon on a regular basis.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
bleagh
Industry Professional
One Of Us

bleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished roadbleagh is on a distinguished road
Thanked 1,042 Times in 337 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
I shall also pester!
Old 24-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
EvaUnit02
Industry Professional
One Of Us

EvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to behold
Thanked 10,392 Times in 3,567 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 175 Times in 125 Posts
How much money do I have to throw at someone to get Tap-a-talk installed?

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."

Last edited by EvaUnit02 : 25-08-2012 at 06:58 PM.
EvaUnit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #9
TheDMan
Gaming God
One Of Us

TheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to beholdTheDMan is a splendid one to behold
Thanked 1,303 Times in 478 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
How much money do I have to throw at someone to get Tap-a-talk installed?
Send as much cash as you can spare to me and I'll do what I can*.

(* there's nothing I can do)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
For Foods
TheDMan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDMan For This Useful Post:
EvaUnit02 (07-09-2012), Hypercube (17-01-2014)
Old 07-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #10
benjymous
grapefruit
One Of Us

I did the basic legwork, and it looks like it'd be very simple to install, assuming people all use the default theme here.

I'll prod Photon again, and try and convince him to lend me the keys for an hour or so - I promise I won't scratch the paintwork!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benjymous For This Useful Post:
el peligro (18-01-2014), EvaUnit02 (07-09-2012), kimbler (23-03-2013), Supergrass (11-09-2012)
Old 23-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
kimbler
Gamer
One Of Us

kimbler is on a distinguished roadkimbler is on a distinguished road
Groans: 1
Groaned at 11 Times in 3 Posts
Is this setup now? I can't find the forum in the list.
kimbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
benjymous
grapefruit
One Of Us

Nope. Guess I'll have to try poking Mr P again (ahem)

Old 26-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #13
TheUmpteenth
Dinosaur
One Of Us

TheUmpteenth is on a distinguished roadTheUmpteenth is on a distinguished roadTheUmpteenth is on a distinguished roadTheUmpteenth is on a distinguished roadTheUmpteenth is on a distinguished roadTheUmpteenth is on a distinguished roadTheUmpteenth is on a distinguished road
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Does it work yet?

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game." (Guybrush Threepwood, The Secret of Monkey Island)

I didn't make this:
TheUmpteenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
shadowcode
One Of Them
One Of Us

shadowcode is a name known to allshadowcode is a name known to allshadowcode is a name known to allshadowcode is a name known to allshadowcode is a name known to allshadowcode is a name known to allshadowcode is a name known to all
Groans: 16
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
I'm going to groan every single one of you a thousand times if this ends up with a "This forum has Tapatalk support! Install? [OK] [Cancel]" prompt every time you load the site.
shadowcode is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowcode For This Useful Post:
Bitterman (29-10-2013), el peligro (18-01-2014), Marcel (16-01-2014), parm (26-05-2013)
Old 25-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #15
EvaUnit02
Industry Professional
One Of Us

EvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to beholdEvaUnit02 is a splendid one to behold
Thanked 10,392 Times in 3,567 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 175 Times in 125 Posts
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAALK PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEE.

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it."
EvaUnit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EvaUnit02 For This Useful Post:
Supergrass (26-09-2013)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: