PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 Posters Working Again...

TheChaosEngine
21-04-2005, 01:52 AM
... Or was it top 10? I can't remember, anyway it's on the index page again.

Armitage Shanks
21-04-2005, 01:54 AM
:shock:

:oops:

:coat:

Jason X
21-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Odd. My post-count is higher than a few people at the end of that list, yet no props for the J-to-the-X. Perhaps I should change my name to J.(ason)Lo.

inpHilltr8r
21-04-2005, 04:43 AM
I feel like I've won a bronze at the special olympics.

zorro
21-04-2005, 07:54 AM
I hand't realized quite how active you (top 20) are. Just below the Top Posters it says:

"This data is based on users active over the past five minutes"

:coat:

Tapeworm
21-04-2005, 08:07 AM
YAY im a troll!!!!! :mrgreen:

Grunge
21-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Odd. My post-count is higher than a few people at the end of that list, yet no props for the J-to-the-X. Perhaps I should change my name to J.(ason)Lo.

Same here.

inpHilltr8r
22-04-2005, 02:18 AM
Yeah, the numbers don't match up. IIRC Chaos said it was something to do with PMS.

Jojo
22-04-2005, 02:54 AM
Yeah, the numbers don't match up. IIRC Chaos said it was something to do with PMS.

You get grumpy and post more once a month?

Mathematix
22-04-2005, 10:30 AM
At the risk of looking like the world's biggest dumbass, where is this 'index page' again? 8-[ [-o<

TheChaosEngine
22-04-2005, 05:10 PM
At the risk of looking like the world's biggest dumbass, where is this 'index page' again? 8-[ [-o<

Scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page... You'll see a table row that starts with this icon: http://www.thechaosengine.com/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/top_users.gif

TheChaosEngine
22-04-2005, 05:15 PM

Same here.

I took a look at the code and it's weird how they actually count posts. I'm not sure which is the right figure. There are several places in the code where they count up posts; the forum code, user profile, the top posters MOD etc. They all do it slightly differently. The code on the profile page does it in the weirdest way. They query SQL by grabbing a table of a users posts from the entire database. They then simply count the rows. It's strange because there actually is a 'user_posts' DB entry which is updated every time you submit something, but only a few places use that included the top posters MOD.... that's why the totals are different.

You frickin' perfectionist brain crippled donkeys.

Jabberwocky
22-04-2005, 05:37 PM
I took a look at the code and it's weird how they actually count posts. I'm not sure which is the right figure. There are several places in the code where they count up posts; the forum code, user profile, the top posters MOD etc. They all do it slightly differently. The code on the profile page does it in the weirdest way. They query SQL by grabbing a table of a users posts from the entire database. They then simply count the rows. It's strange because there actually is a 'user_posts' DB entry which is updated every time you submit something, but only a few places use that included the top posters MOD.... that's why the totals are different.

Sounds like game code, to me :-k

inpHilltr8r
22-04-2005, 05:47 PM
:lol:

zorro
22-04-2005, 06:52 PM

Isn't that Jeff Minters new game...

TheChaosEngine
23-04-2005, 08:16 AM
No Jeff's moved on to Alpacas now.

Mathematix
23-04-2005, 04:42 PM

Scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page... You'll see a table row that starts with this icon: http://www.thechaosengine.com/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/top_users.gif
Cheers TCE! Having a neural upgrade tomorrow. :lol:

[edit]

I can't see that symbol. :?

TheChaosEngine
23-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Make sure you're using the 'subSilver' scheme. All site mod's are only guaranteed to work under the default scheme.

Unsurprised Jack
23-04-2005, 06:00 PM
No Jeff's moved on to Alpacas now.

What did the close relative of the LLama say he prepared for a picnic with his son?

Alpacas a lunch.

Mathematix
24-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Make sure you're using the 'subSilver' scheme. All site mod's are only guaranteed to work under the default scheme.
Spot-on, TCE! Cheers! \:D/

Grunge
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Does this think list with actual amounts posted or daily rate of posing?.. if its the actual amount i'd say it's not working.

Grunge
13-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Does this think list with actual amounts posted or daily rate of posing?.. if its the actual amount i'd say it's not working.

It's definatly some Daily rate Shinanigans. I didn't post for a weekend and lost 20 posts out of that total!.

Grunge
13-07-2005, 07:59 AM

Heh, you should see some of the code i've had to work with in the business sector.. most of these guys can't code for shit!. :shock: