PDA

View Full Version : Chaosmas 2003!!!!

TheChaosEngine
25-11-2003, 01:32 AM
Chaosmas
We know everyone celebrates something around this time of year and we’ve decided as a special bonus that this shall officially be TCE’s year-end celebration. For our very first year, (and considering the site will probably be dead by January you fickle, fickle bastards), we’re going to celebrate in style. Over the next few weeks the Chaos Engine team will be posting the “Best of…” awards, a series of short votes in various categories of our choosing. Hopefully if we’re not dead by January, we’ll do this every year :-)

Scrounge
We’ll shortly be hassling a few of you privately for prizes, (you know who you are ;-) ). All prizes will be sent the cheapest way we can, (apart from edibles), so they'll probably be received in February 2005 when the slave ship finally rows into your local port.

Prizes
Out of the warmth and all around fluffiness only Chaosmas can inspire, I’ll be digging into my own pockets to provide excellent tasty treats from “The Swiss Colony”, (http://www.swisscolony.com). We also have someone one the forum who is donating a selection of current titles, and I'm pushing hard to see if he'll donate a console too :-) We also have another kind hearted soul who is donating some current DVD's, (North American Zoned). If you win a DVD and live outside of the states we'll substitute your prize.

If you win then obviously you'll be asked to PM me your address. If you don't like that idea, we can take your company address and post it there C/O you.

Let the Games Begin!
So, watch out for the first Chaosmas post, (we'll put one up this evening). We'll post a vote and anyone can reply to the thread nominating a winner, (user names only please). We'll keep the thread going for a couple of days each category.

Please note: The nomination posts will be made to 'Irrelevant Corner", only the announcement is here so we don’t annoy the bah-humbug bastards who we’ll be banning out of spite in the new year ;-)

TheChaosEngine
25-11-2003, 01:32 AM
Chaosmas
We know everyone celebrates something around this time of year and we’ve decided as a special bonus that this shall officially be TCE’s year-end celebration. For our very first year, (and considering the site will probably be dead by January you fickle, fickle bastards), we’re going to celebrate in style. Over the next few weeks the Chaos Engine team will be posting the “Best of…” awards, a series of short votes in various categories of our choosing. Hopefully if we’re not dead by January, we’ll do this every year :-)

Scrounge
We’ll shortly be hassling a few of you privately for prizes, (you know who you are ;-) ). All prizes will be sent the cheapest way we can, (apart from edibles), so they'll probably be received in February 2005 when the slave ship finally rows into your local port.

Prizes
Out of the warmth and all around fluffiness only Chaosmas can inspire, I’ll be digging into my own pockets to provide excellent tasty treats from “The Swiss Colony”, (http://www.swisscolony.com). We also have someone one the forum who is donating a selection of current titles, and I'm pushing hard to see if he'll donate a console too :-) We also have another kind hearted soul who is donating some current DVD's, (North American Zoned). If you win a DVD and live outside of the states we'll substitute your prize.

If you win then obviously you'll be asked to PM me your address. If you don't like that idea, we can take your company address and post it there C/O you.

Let the Games Begin!
So, watch out for the first Chaosmas post, (we'll put one up this evening). We'll post a vote and anyone can reply to the thread nominating a winner, (user names only please). We'll keep the thread going for a couple of days each category.

Please note: The nomination posts will be made to 'Irrelevant Corner", only the announcement is here so we don’t annoy the bah-humbug bastards who we’ll be banning out of spite in the new year ;-)

TheChaosEngine
14-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Vote now!!!!!

The last categories are up, and even if you're a slimy lurker who deserves to be filleted at least go and vote for your most favorite poster of 2003. I want to see 10x the number of votes as we have members, (so get hacking the board right now).

For the lucky winners so far, I've posted the names on Irrelevant Corner, PM me your name/address or die in the process.